Rate Your Idea - Have You Got The Skills Sets To Make It Work
After you have identified a potential Niche area of interest, test the viability and your skills level to identify the best fit for you, find out what skills you will need to work on to be able to succeed with this subject.
There are 3 areas that you should be aware of that will influence your ability to successfully follow through with the subject you have chosen.
- Knowledge of your subject
- The interest you have in your subject
- The degree of difficulty it will be to implement the processes for that idea/subject
If we apply the formula:
Knowledge x Interest x difficulty = a score between 0 - 100 where:
Knowledge: Rate the knowledge level between 0 & 10 using ½ decimal points if necessary, where 10 is excellent and 0 is no real knowledge.
Interest: Rate your interest in the subject it maybe that you have a lot of knowledge in a subject but you do not want to pursue it due to lack of interest. Rate your interest between 0 and 1 for example 0, ∙1, ∙2, ∙3, ∙4 where 0 is no interest and 1 is very interested
The degree of difficulty: This will determine how much you think you will need to learn or what you will need to do to improve your knowledge to develop your internet business. Rate from 1 to 10 where 1 is high and 10 is low
The highest ranking you can get is 100, which is very hard to get, and means you have a very high degree of opportunity in the subject, however remember there are many more steps required to get things up and running in design, sales, marketing, etc.
The WIC opportunity rating is:
- 0-30 is poor,
- 30-50 is medium,
- 50-85 is high,
- 85-100 is excellent
General appraisal of your subject
Knowledge of your subject
- How well do you know this subject ?
- Would you consider yourself an expert?
- Could you teach others in this subject?
- Have you worked with this subject more than 3 years?
- Have you researched your subject?
- Have you researched the opposition?
Interest in your subject
- Have you ever had or maintained an interest in this subject?
- Do you rate this as one of your favorite subjects?
- How serious are you in this subject?
- Are you prepared to learn more?
- What motivates you to pursue this subject? (it should not be money)
Degree of Difficulty
- Have you ever built a website?
- Are you experienced operating an internet business?
- Have you used WordPress?
- Have you ever operated a blog?
- Do you understand SEO?
- Do you understand autoresponders?
- Are you able to write articles/blogs?
- Are you familiar with HTML?
- Do you have a domain?
- Do you have web hosting?
- Do you understand FTP?
- Are you going to out source this project?
Try the WIC "Rate Your Idea" test and see how your ideas stands up, Go Here and good luck